The end of tenancy has significance to every tenant as it is the time that they move either to better home or their own homes. Most property owners require the tenants to hold a comprehensive cleaning of the home for it to be ready for the next tenant. Failure to do this, the landlord may withhold your security deposit or use part of it to have the house cleaned. It is recommended that you hire a cleaning company instead of when you are moving out.
Why is the end of tenancy different from regular cleaning?
End of tenancy cleaning is a bottom up cleaning. The aim is not only to keep the house clean but also purify all the corners of the house as well as the environment around the home. You also want to get rid of unsightly stains that have been lingering in your kitchen for the last several months.
Here is what end of tenancy cleaning services do to make the home spotless
- They start by dusting the ceilings, fixtures and removing cobwebs at the corner of the homes. You will be amazed by the amount of dust that is usually in the house even if it looks clean.
- Cleaning and vacuuming of the window coverings such as stains, blinds, and draperies are also done. It is your work to have the fabric curtains are clean for use by the next tenant.
- They also clean and degrease the kitchen appliances such as stovetops, ovens, dishwashers, microwave, and refrigerator. Over time, these appliances get layers of grease and burnt food that require scrubbing.
- The walls are also cleaned from smudges, splatters, and marks especially in the kitchen and the living room. The same happens to the kitchen drawers and cupboards.
- The bathroom walls, sinks, and vanities are all scoured. Scrubbing extends to the tiles and fixtures in the bathroom.
- Any drawers and closets in the bedroom and the bathroom are also emptied and wiped clean.
- Once these areas are clean, the floor is scrubbed and then vacuumed thoroughly. The final part of cleaning is wiping all the doors, doorframes and knobs as well as the outside of the windows.
You should also have any driveways and corridors around the house cleaned. Any items that are unwanted should also be carried away as trash, By doing so, you not only make the place good, but also easier for the property owner to get another client without holding on to your deposit.